Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New Blog: Medical Fiction Writer and other updates

Good Day. Long time no blog. I have been busy with some Health Care Issues lately. In fact I have been down to Mayo Clinic twice since I last blogged. (Great Venipuncturists at Mayo, also fairly decent restaurants in Rochester, MN) I won't bore you with the details right now, needless to say it sucks, but then you go on as best you can,  as time keeps marching on.

Also I have been busy trying to survive as a Private Practice Physician in the State of Minnesota, despite the best efforts of  many bureaucracies and agencies to annihilate entities like myself: all done of course shouting the Battle Cry and in the name of health care "REFORM".  When it is all said and done, we will still need doctors to take care of patients and patients who need to be cared for and cared about by their doctors.
It is absolutely astounding how many people are now employed (with really good employee health benefits I might add) to hinder, hamper, occlude and basically prevent physicians from simply spending their time taking care of their patients. ASTOUNDING

On the lighter and more fun side of things, I started a new blog.
It is called MEDICAL FICTION WRITER CHECK IT OUT. Not too much there yet, but it will get there. Over the last couple if years I wrote another book. very different than When Can I Go Home?. This one is a work of - you guessed it-medical fiction.  It is sort of a drama, action, crime, romance, with chaos, violence, doctors, lawyers, courtrooms, lots of things. Stay tuned. I'm in the process, a very grueling process of doing the first edit.
The blog will be for writers and readers and about writers and readers of medical fiction. and of course Medical Fiction Books.

For all you Alzheimer's caregivers, it is Summer at least in the Northern Hemisphere, if that's where you are. Try to get outside for some warmth, even for a little while. Keep the faith, do your best, I know you didn't sign on for this, but I am sending you my positive thoughts, hopes and wishes and energy right now. What I still have of that positive energy, it is there just below the surface of my cynicism! I promise though, that positive energy and hope is real in me, just as it is in you, whether you know it or not.  So don't get too lost in losing the daily battles, overall by caring for your loved one, with your devotion and dedication, you are winning the war on this thing.
God Bless.
 

No comments:

Talking about the book with the Lake Superior wind....... a calm day