Thursday, May 13, 2010

Letting Go- Author Unknown

Nice Poem, Do With it What you will.


Letting Go
Author Unknown


To let go doesn't mean to stop caring;
it means I can't do it for someone else.
To let go is not to cut myself off...
it's the realization that I can't control another...
To let go is not to enable,
but to allow learning from natural consequences.
To let go is to admit powerlessness,
which means the outcome is not in my hands.
To let go is not to try and change or blame another,
I can only change myself.
To let go is not to care for, but to care about.
To let go is not to fix, but be supportive.
To let go is not to judge, 
but to allow another to be a human being.
To let go is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes,
but to allow others to affect their own outcomes,
but to allow others to affect their own outcomes.
To let go is not to be protective,
it is to permit another to face reality.
To let go is not to deny, but to accept.
To let go is not to nag, scold or argue,
but to search out my own shortcomings and correct them.
To let go is not to adjust everything to my desires,
but to take each day as it comes and cherish the moment.
To let go is not to criticize and regulate anyone,
but to try to become what I dream I can be.
To let go is not to regret the past,
but to grow and live for the future.
To let go is to fear less and love more

2 comments:

karen said...

Letting Go . Sounds good to me.:)

Mr Grumpy of Hendon said...

He wrote this himself with no help from anyone! I am so very proud of you!!!

Written by Joseph aged 10

The brain starts crumbling like wood on fire
The memories start exploding in the brain that is left
Ying and Yang, nice and violence
Yet not one of them is her

The power of two inside one
The brain gets rewired like circuits malfunctioning
She knows people who deep inside she doesn’t
It is the brain that over powers her

She can hear a fly go by
When we are playing around she thinks we are being naughty
She calls people things she does not mean
The power of Alzheimer is stronger than her

There is still hope
There is still goodness
We keep her with us
Until her brain shuts down forever

Please share this, to let others see it and to let Joseph know how well he has done

Talking about the book with the Lake Superior wind....... a calm day